Chemist I, Materials Characterization-2002690 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Chemist I, Materials Characterization (2002690) - Iselin, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
Our mission in Analytics and Materials Characterization is to partner with our researchers to increase knowledge. We accomplish this by providing high quality, reliable data and solutions. The Materials Characterization team is dedicated to analytical problem-solving through a variety of characterization techniques, including microscopy, spectroscopy and thermal analysis. We specialize in the analysis of catalysts, energy materials and zeolites/molecular sieves. The laboratory is high-volume and fast-paced environment, supporting the research of BASF scientists globally. Information produced is vital for BASF, helping researchers develop new and better materials, assisting manufacturing with quality control, supporting lawyers for intellectual property rights, and finding evidence as to the cause of product failures.
We are seeking a professional like you to provide our partners with quantitative information for submitted samples in the area of Thermal Analysis. In addition, you will be responsible for both simple and complex sample preparation in the area of Microscopy.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your background in Chemistry or a related scientific discipline combined with your work experience with Thermal Analysis, you will operate as part of our catalyst characterization team.
* Your hands-on technical skills will be essential as you operate and maintain all instrumentation in the thermal analysis area, to include TGA, DSC, mass spectrometry and chemisorption.
* Any hands-on experience you may have in metallographic and sample preparation techniques in microscopy, to include potting and polishing and the use of related tools and techniques will be a valued asset as you carry out your daily duties.
* Demonstrating your effective communication skills, you will produce concise reports, documenting and interpreting thermal analysis results, to researchers through the laboratory's LIMS system.
* Your robust analytical and problem solving abilities will be critical as you investigate complex and/or non-conforming data and institute corrective actions.
* Successfully engaging across the organization, you will interact and engage with scientists, engineers, and manufacturing associates, working on new-product development and manufacturing support.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.